IRA Charitable Rollover
One type of tax-efficient gift strategy is the charitable IRA rollover. At age 70½, individuals are required to start withdrawing annual distribution from their qualified retirement accounts. A simple way to make a gift, a charitable IRA rollover allows you to fulfill your required minimum distribution by going directly to UCI and consequently excluding that amount from your taxable income.
Benefits of an IRA charitable rollover
- Avoid income taxes on transfers of up to $100,000 from your IRA to UCI
- Satisfy all or part of your annual required minimum distribution (RMD)
- Reduce your taxable income, whether you itemize or take the standard deduction
- Make a gift that is not subject to the deduction limitations on charitable gifts
- Satisfy outstanding pledges
How an IRA charitable rollover gift works
- Contact your IRA plan administrator to make a gift from your IRA to us.
- Your IRA funds will be directly transferred to our organization to help continue our important work.
- Please note that IRA charitable rollover gifts do not qualify for a charitable deduction.
- Please contact us if you wish for your gift to be used for a specific purpose.
If you have any questions about an IRA charitable rollover gift, please contact us. We would be happy to assist you and answer any questions you might have.